Our company was established in 1987 in Schwadorf, Austria, as Silena Vertriebsgesellschaft GmbH – a representative of the Italian radiation detection & measurement equipment manufacturer SILENA.
In 1994, due to the change of our major supplier to Canberra Industries, Inc., we have adopted our current name – CANBERRA PACKARD Central Europe GmbH. The company’s main activities were sales, installation, and service of ionizing radiation detection & measurementinstrumentation for industrial, medical, and environmental applications. A number of local offices have been established in Central and Eastern Europe, putting us even closer to our customers and offering local know-how. The outstanding quality of our products and services has made us the largest supplier in the region.
Throughout the following years, our product portfolio has been continuously expanded to include medical and analytical equipment and instrumentation of leading European and US manufacturers.
At the same time, the after-sales support and service infrastructure has grown significantly, including the increase of the number of local subsidiaries to ten. We have successfully implemented a number of projects ranging from single-instrument delivery to multimillion international tenders.
Our customers are small private companies, government organizations and research centers, all 12 nuclear power plants in our region, as well as international organizations such as the European Commission, the World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the World Health Organization.
- Silena Vertriebsgesellschaft GmbH
- Sales exceed € 3.5 Mio
- Partnership with Canberra Industries, Inc., company name change to CANBERRA PACKARD Central Europe GmbH
- Move to the new 700 m² office building in Schwadorf – a prizewinning combination of a totally renovated 1935 house and a new addition of modern office and service rooms
- ISO 9002 certification
- Sales exceed € 10 Mio
- ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Sales exceed € 13 Mio, more than 50 staff members in 9 countries
- Subsidiary established in Kiev/Ukraine
- Sales exceed € 20 Mio, more than 70 staff members in 10 countries
- New office building in Å½ilina/Slovakia opened
- Sales exceed € 30 Mio, more than 90 staff members in 10 countries
- ISO 9001:2008 certification